Friday 24 May 2013

How to slim down 10kg in 3months (Part 1)

Hi everyone, I am back. So sorry the lack of updates. Was so busy with my new work.

Well today, using the Public Holiday we have in Singapore, i.e. Vesak Day, I am able to spare sometime in updating this blog of mine.

Remember I said I was fat previously during my poly days? And I managed to slim down. Let me post photos of me of then and now.


See how I looked during poly days. I know many of my poly friends couldn't recognize me anymore. Since then, I have slimmed down 10kg. Now, let me share some tips on how to slim down. (Results may vary from people to people)

1. Eat lesser carbohydrates

- Eat lesser rice, noodles, bee hoon, kway teow, bread etc.
These are food that will make you grow in size. Reduce the quantity gradually. For Asians, our staple food is Rice. If you are currently eating a bowl of rice, reduce the intake gradually. For example, try to eat 3/4 of the rice this week. The following week you can try to reduce to half of the bowl, and slowly reduce to slightly less than half . And stop at the quantity your body is suitable. For me, I stopped at the half the size of my fist.

 


2. Drink more water

It is usually very difficult to get over the first stage of slimming down. The urge to eat is always there. Sometimes it is difficult to resist the temptations of the food around, especially if you have food stocked up in the house. Before any meal, drink water so you get the feeling of bloated. Convince yourself you are not very hungry and you will then eat lesser for the next meal. Soup is also a good alternative before any meal. Water is good because it has 0 calories, and keeps you hydrated. Only problem you may find yourself going to the washroom often.



3. Eat fruits with low calories

Choosing the right fruit is equally important. You may do a google search for the fruits with low calories and snack on them if you feel hungry in between. Watermelon, apple and papaya are my favourites during the slimming down. Try to cut down fruits like banana and durian.

 

4. Cut food into smaller portion

If you are eating grilled chicken for your dinner, cut the grilled chicken into cubes, and slowly eat the food after you cut it. In between eating, you can also drink water to feel more full and you will tend to eat lesser. If you eat too fast, you may feel hungry or empty though you have already finished up the meal.

 


5. Eat chocolate

Though there are people who may argue that chocolate is fattening and high in calories, but for me I will give myself a treat if I am able to stop the urge to eat. Chocolates also makes me happy. During the process of weight loss, it is inevitable that one will feel depressed and low morale because of the lower intake of food. You can set every 2 or 3 days to reward yourself if you find yourself meeting the stringent diet of yours. But of course, you need to be strict on the amount of chocolate to be consumed. Otherwise, you will be back again to square one.

 


Ok, tune in for more for Part 2 as I will share with you more tips on how to slim down. I have tried various methods to slim down by trial and error. I have been through some wrong ways of slimming down and hopefully these methods I have shared would work for you.

If you have any methods or wish to comment on my post, feel free to do so.

















No comments:

Post a Comment